Yes, you read that title right. For those of you that do not follow the Star Trek universe, the Borg is an empire of cybernetic (part alive, part machine) organisms that travel the galaxy “assimilating” other societies (against their will) to benefit the Borg collective. In the process, they strip each person of their individuality in favor of the “good of the collective” which makes the knowledge, and technology, of that society part of the Borg collective. They now think as one giant organism instead of individuals. The loss of individuals, or “drones”, is insignificant, unless it significantly endangers the collective. The individual just becomes a number, a drone without self thought, and operates (and lives) at the mercy of the collective. In the Star Trek universe, the Borg are the Federation’s (and Earth’s) greatest threat and enemy. The Borg show no mercy, and adapt quickly to all resistance to their weaponry and advances. The Borg does not negotiate. They come in and take, and consider you insignificant. They are the living realization of Bill Maher’s philosophy “…He just needs to drag them to it. Like I just said, they’re stupid. Just drag them to this…” The Borg consider themselves “progressive perfection” and everyone else insignificant. The Borg usually have a lot of success and insignificant hurdles (resistance) with assimilating other societies. Humans, however, are proving to be quite difficult to assimilate. Their typical tactics haven’t worked against the humans’ ingenuity and tenacity. So the Borg realize that some psychological warfare is going to be necessary to achieve their goals. So they capture the Federation’s most trusted (and famous) officer, the Captain of their flagship called “Enterprise”. They assimilate him and give him a new name, quite unusual for the Borg to appoint a drone an individual role. The picture you see, is him. His new name is “Locutus” and he is now “ambassador” to the humans, except he isn’t negotiating. His role is to demoralize the humans, and to use his knowledge of humans, and technology, against the humans. He knows about weaponry, battle tactics, secret codes, etc.
So, how the heck does all of this relate to the title of this article? The United States of American was a new idea. For centuries, the common thought was that the “good of the crown” or the “good of the people” or “the good of the nation” etc. was placed above the individual. There was always a small group of “elites” that thought themselves greater and smarter than the populace, and ruled as such, usually with a disregard for that populace. With a few minor exceptions and spurts here and there, the world remained stagnant, and without much significant advancement. The occasional “spurts,” as I mentioned before, happened during times of governmental experiments, which gave individuals rights, and the ability to improve themselves. This happened with the Greeks, the Romans, and the Anglo Saxons. These societies became great because people were not only encouraged to have good ideas, but were allowed to profit from them. Citizens had representatives they had elected to determine the law. Sure, these societies were flawed, but they had the distinction of recognizing the individual. Rome fell for two reasons, both related. The people kept expecting more “free” handouts from the government, because their representatives became more corrupt, by learning that if they promised free stuff, they would get elected. This free-loading got so bad, that it was very easy for someone desiring power to gain it as emperor, by promising he’d “fix” everything and give people more. Well, what really happened, was people lost their individuality and their freedom. Only a select elite around the new emperor got all the riches and everyone else worked hard to support their opulent lifestyle. Citizens eventually lost everything that made them unique from non-citizens. The government couldn’t support itself as the “rich” were now generally just government officials (or those paying them off), and the people had no more incentive to support them. Rome fell under its own weight.
I see this happening right now in the USA. The new idea of the individual becoming the most important thing, pulled the world out of perpetual stagnation. In a little over 200 years, the world went from horses and buggies, outhouses, bad hygene, etc. to cars, cell phones, computers, landing on the moon etc. All because of a new idea that made each person important, and that you can profit from your ideas, which had the side effect of making society better.
Now we have a group of Borg, with their own Locutus (Obama, except he’s a willing participant) wanting to assimilate everyone into the Marxist collective. When you think you can help the individual by disregarding it, then you’re fooling yourself. The United States Constitution, what it says, how it says it, and those that wrote it, changed the world for the better. The so-called “Progressive Movement” is a lie. There is nothing “progressive” about Marxism or so-called “collectivism”. All it has ever brought a people and nation is stagnation and misery. Sure, everyone (except government officials) are equal … equally poor. Nobody has an incentive to invent or to improve themselves. Why? The government will just confiscate it, and pat them on the head, or give them a medal. They will still be living in their generic one bedroom apartment like everyone else.
Why do people keep getting suckered into Marxism? Don’t they understand that human beings are naturally freedom loving and competitive? Don’t they understand that individuals are not equal? Some are smarter, some are prettier, some are more athletic, some are artistic and creative, some are great thinkers and inventers, etc. The notion of “equal” is preposterous! The US Declaration of Independence said instead that people have EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, equal amount of God-given rights, and that they have the responsibility to take care of and support themselves, and not allow some bureaucrat to dictate their lives. Is this so hard to grasp?? This isn’t something that is “living and breathing” as progressives will claim. This is a concrete truth and fact. The truth being: society benefits the most when the individual is its most important asset. This isn’t something that changes or morphs over the years; it is concrete and steadfast. Martin Luther King Junior understood and appreciated this too, as his speeches were full of such ideas that everyone had the right to better themselves, everyone had the right to be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. Frederick Douglass, a former slave, said the same.
Any structural engineer will tell you that the most important “floor” of any building is the foundation. It supports the whole building. If you disregard the importance of the foundation, the whole building will collapse. The foundation here, is the individual, the building is society, and the top floor is government. Marxism concentrates on the building and disregards the individual floors and the foundation. It makes the strongest floor the top floor by putting equal stress and weight on all of the floors. A collapse is inevitable as it has no foundation.
I love how the trumpeters of Marxism don’t actually practice it themselves. Hollywood elites fly around in jets, living a life of opulence, catered to by maids and butlers, eating the best foods, driving the best cars, the ultimate examples of croney capitalism, yet decrying the very thing that gives them their riches in favor of a tyrant like Mao Se Tung, Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, Chez Guevara, or even Josef Stalin! Some will even say if Hitler hadn’t been psychotic by massacring millions of Jews, his government was perfect! Noting that “Nazi” meant “Nationalsozialist” (or “National Socialist” in English, it’s not an acronym but an abbreviation) a member of the “Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei” (or “National Socialist German Workers Party” in English), the ultimate example of Fascism and socialism.
This pontification and claims of being smarter than the little people (Bill Maher said “…Americans are stupid…”) is what the world lived with for centuries. The “new” ideas the USA brought to the world of personal responsibility and opportunity made it better. The ideas of Marxism, spreading the wealth, having the government take care of you, etc. are the same old song and dance of those wanting POWER over the centuries. It’s just been repackaged and given a new name. Today, it has been given the new name of “Hope and Change”. Which is ironically not related to those words.
People, don’t you realize what you are doing? What those in our government are trying to do to this nation will have only one effect, and it will not be the improvement of society. It will set us back hundreds of years. There will be another period of stagnation the world has seen before.
You cannot benefit society by rendering the individual insignificant. Society benefits when the individual is free to live as he or she chooses to live it. The United States of America is PROOF of this. The former USSR and many nations of history, is proof of the flawed design of society first or the intellectual knows best ideas.
These Marxist, socialist, pro-Mao, pro-Chavez, pro-Castro people living in mansions, going on expensive vacations, wearing expensive clothes saying “you need to sacrifice more and pay more taxes”, “spread the wealth around”, and pay for someone else’s mistakes have no thoughts nor cares for you. They think they are better than you. They think you need them, when you only need yourself. Do you realize how much money capitalism has made for Michael Moore and Sean Penn, yet they constantly put down the very system that makes them filthy rich?! Hypocrites! You have the likes of Michelle and Barack Obama, Van Jones, Dick Durbin, Rohm Emmanuel etc. saying you need to spread the wealth around, yet they live in the lap of luxury! Hey! You first!
The problem is not capitalism. It’s greed and corruption. Capitalism worked quite well for the past 250 years. Greed and corruption of our government has caused the natural balances of the market to become blocked. Isn’t it ironic that the very group of people that brought our economy to this dire position have the balls to claim they know how to fix it? These people should be in jail, not in the halls of government. What the Obama administration and his supporters in government are doing are treason, plain and simple. Their plan is to collapse the US economy so they can replace it with a global Marxist economy, a “Utopia” in their eyes. The so-called “stimulus” was written by a Marxist lobbying group called the “Apollo Group”. You know, the thing nobody read before they voted on it. How can a Marxist group possibly want to write anything to rescue a free economy? How can anyone quadruple our national debt in mere days and not want our economy to collapse? It’s called “assimilation” and they think resistance is futile.
So, how’s that “Hope and Change” going for you right now? What happens when there is no more wealth to spread around? Who will pay for your social programs then?
Here’s a thought:
- Be responsible for your own life
- Earn your own living
- Be responsible for your own medical care. You’ll find medicine was a lot cheaper before insurance, medicare, and lawsuit happy greedy lawyers. Doctors actually made house-calls.
- Understand you have a right to succeed
- Understand you have a right to fail
- Be charitable and give a hand up not a hand out. Pull people out of the mud and don’t just pay them enough so they don’t sink under it (like welfare programs do).
- If you don’t speak the language, learn it. Success requires communication and not your refusal to learn or laziness to be catered to.
- Protect yourself, your family and your friends. Do not rely on the government.
- Understand that what your neighbor owns he earned. Stop comparing yourself to someone else, either positively or negatively. Instead of taking away what someone else earned, how about making your success greater than theirs?
- Understand that “equal” means equal opportunity, not equal results.
- Judge people by their abilities, talents, and content of their character. Understand it’s the differences in people that make them special and unique.
- Be prepared in all things. Do not expect the government to baby you.
- The government is there to protect you from enemies and criminals (where you can’t), to ensure free economic trade, and to make sure your freedom and liberties are never infringed upon. Yes, that is what it says in the Constitution, nothing else.
- Understand that EVERY SINGLE RACE HAS BEEN IN BONDAGE AND SLAVERY throughout human history (even whites, study “Rome” and “Egypt” for a start). No single race has the right to claim they are special, and deserve special treatment in being “former slaves”. Understand that YOU are not a slave, and have every right and capability to succeed. Understand that those continually labeling you the victim are modern day slave owners.
- Understand that actions have consequences, either good or bad. Justice requires a punishment, even if the offender is “reformed”. A truly “reformed” offender would understand this. Compassion makes sure justice is accurate for the crime itself and not anything after. Forgiving someone does not mean denying justice. The crime was still committed, and the punishment must be served.
- Understand it is the individual that makes the nation great, literally. People with freedom and money tend to travel and spend. People recognizing this, will make goods and services to spend it on, by hiring people to do it…. and so it builds. People without such incentives, do nothing, as they are not allowed to, and if they do, government will just take it away.
- Understand that the world under repressive rule remained stagnant for thousands of years, and that progress only happened when the people were given freedom. The greatest example of how liberty and freedom given to the individual works and is best for society is by the United States Constitution, and in a little over 200 years brought the world from horses and huts to computers and automobiles. Grand advances are made when the individual is free from tyranny.
- Anyone telling you that you deserve someone else’s money, property, house, whatever, is lying to you, and wants yours as well as the other guy’s. Power is their only concern. Your poverty is your responsibility to irradicate, and freedom allows this.
- Understand that Karl Marx was a bitter lonely man, that literally had no friends, nor social life. How in the hell can anyone like that possibly know how to make people’s lives better, if all he ever did was bitterly hate people and blame others for his problems? Read his biography, quotes from those that knew him, his own writings! Ronald Reagan once said, “How do you tell a communist? Well, it’s someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It’s someone who understands Marx and Lenin.” Karl Marx was quite literally a whining, tantrum throwing, baby who bitched and moaned because he never got what he wanted. Amazing that those that follow him end up being similar in actions.